Military Academy Nominations
Thank you for your interest in the U.S. Service Academies. As your 2nd District Representative in the U.S. House of Representatives, each year I have the privilege of nominating a limited number of individuals to the Air Force, Naval, Military (Army) and Merchant Marines Academies. The honor of attending a service academy comes with an obligation and commitment to serve in the military for a minimum of five years upon graduation. Best wishes to you as you pursue your goal of attending one of the U.S. Service Academies and serving our country.
Please contact my office’s Academy Nominations Coordinator, Rhonda Perkes, at 801-364-5550. Applicants for the class of 2023 must submit their applications to my Salt Lake City District office by October 18, 2019.
BENEFITS OF AN ACADEMY EDUCATION
- Cost Free Education
- Guaranteed Employment
- Commitment & Opportunity
HOW TO APPLY:
- Once you have decided on the academy/academies you would like to apply to, you will want to begin the online application which can be found on the academy’s admissions page. Interested applicants should begin the application their junior year of high school; however, individuals can apply that are 17-23 years old (details listed below).
- In addition to your academy application, you will need to complete a separate congressional application from my office. That application can be downloaded here. You can also contact my Salt Lake City office to have one mailed to you.
- You must complete your online application through the selected academy, as well as my application, to be considered for a congressional nomination from me.
When reviewing an application, the following are considered:
- Physical Aptitude
- Whole-person evaluation
In addition, the following are required to be eligible for consideration:
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- If you are not a U.S. citizen, you can be accepted into the prep school but must be a U.S. Citizen by the time you enter the academy.
- Must be unmarried without dependents and not pregnant.
- Be at least 17 years old and have not passed your 23rd birthday on July 1st of the year you would enter the academy.
- You must be a legal resident of Utah’s Second Congressional District. You can confirm which congressional district you’re in by going to this link.
To learn more about the individual academies, you can visit their websites below:
**Although the U.S. Coast Guard does not operate with the regular congressional nomination process, individuals can still apply directly to academy using their online application.