The Stewart Standard-- Weekly Congressional Update
I hope you all had a fantastic Fourth of July! This year’s holiday was particularly special for me, as it was my first Independence Day serving in the U.S. Congress. I feel so honored to be representing the great state of Utah and particularly the second congressional district. After experiencing Congress for the past six months, I have come to the realization that our nation does indeed face difficult times. Yet, I remain hopeful that through adhering to the principles that have made our nation great, we can and will fix the problems facing our country.
As I have informed my staff, I believe that we can save our nation by following four simple guidelines.
To save the nation, we need to:
1) Reduce the Size and Influence of the Federal Government
2) Increase Personal Freedoms
3) Reduce National Debt and Decrease Spending, and
4) Secure our Freedom as a Nation
I am committed to adhering to these principles. I am frequently asked what I have done in Congress. Since taking office in January, I have sponsored or co-sponsored a total of 89 bills. Click here to see the full list. You can also view many of my House floor speeches and interviews where I discuss the work of Congress on my youtube channel.
The Week Ahead:
This week the House is expected to vote and debate on the following legislation. Visit the House Majority Leader’s website for the most up-to-date information.
- H.R. 1341 - Financial Competitive Act of 2013
- H.R. 1564 - Audit Integrity and Job Protection Act, as amended
- H.R. 1171 - FOR VETS Act of 2013
- H.R. 2609- Energy and Water Development and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2014
- H.R. 761- National Strategic and Critical Minerals Production Act of 2013
For me to better represent you in Congress, I hope that you will stay connected to my office. Follow me on Facebook, where I regularly post updates and give you a forum to voice your opinion. As always, feel free to email meif you have any concerns our comments.
All the Best,
Congressman Chris Stewart
Representing Utah 2nd Congressional District
**To subscribe to our e-newsletter, click here**