Congressman Stewart is a big advocate of internships and the value they provide in helping students develop a long list of skills, including researching complicated issues, and learning how to respond to constituents through verbal and written communication. Internship opportunities are avilable in each of Congressman Stewart's offices in Washington, D.C., Salt Lake City, and St. George. We encourage students to apply through their collegiate institution, but if you are not a student or would like to apply outside of your university, please reach out to Robert Gailey at Robert.Gailey@mail.house.gov and specify which office you are interested in interning in (Washington D.C., Salt Lake City, or St. George).
Top internship candidates will possess the following skills:
- Ability to research complicated topics and arguments and then to simplify them
- Well-developed writing abilities (we put a huge emphasis on writing as responding to constituent letters is a huge priority in our office)
- Good communication, both written and verbal
- Teamwork attitude
- Proactive and always looking for opportunities to improve our processes and other activities our office participates in
To apply, please send the following to Robert Gailey at Robert.Gailey@mail.house.gov:
- Cover letter
- 1 Writing Sample
- Copy of Transcripts (Official or Unofficial)
- 1 or More Letters of Recommendation
Thank you for your interest in interning with Congressman Stewart’s office. If you have any additional questions please email Robert.Gailey@mail.house.gov.